Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Another new addition to the house











Lorri's wanted a Tortoise for ages - and finally on Saturday having seen one in a pet shop she gave in and bought one, so we now have a year old Horsefield Tortoise also known as the Russian Tortoise due to their love of Vodka or something like that - probably come from there.



She's been named Lola - not sure why, but was very suprised when Lorri told me she'd never heard the Lola song by the Kinks.

So far I'm not really sure what to think - just seems to sleep all day, but seems to be a bit more active when she's out of her cage - but that seems to be solely because she's looking for somewhere new to sleep!



She'll probably be a bit more interesting when we can let her outside in the summer - and that'll make me feel a bit happier as I don't particularly like seeing animals caged up all the time - I'm sure most animals are happy enough in captivity but I always feel slightly un-comfortable whenever I see a caged animal - just want to open the door and set them free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home